Photos and text by Meghan Stone
My mom always made the best banana bread. I never realized how easy her recipe was until I decided to make it for myself about ten years ago. It’s delicious, easy, and you should have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (or 175° C). Grease and flour your pan. I like to use a little bit of butter, but you can also use Crisco or vegetable oil.
- Begin by mashing your bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl. The bananas should be VERY ripe, even overly ripe. The riper the banana, the more sweet and flavorful the bread will be. Use between 2 large and 3 regular sized bananas. I usually taste the batterbefore pouring it into the pan. You should be able to really taste the banana flavor. If you can’t, add another!
- Add the rest of the ingredients directly into the banana mash. Mix together by hand or beat with an electric mixer for 1/2 min at med speed, scraping sides and bottom. Once you have mixed the ingredients thoroughly, you can add the (optional) nuts.
- Pour the mixture into your greased and floured pan.
- Bake 55-65 min or until tooth pick comes up clean.
- Cool thoroughly before slicing and… ENJOY!